there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by huchung
"Mr. Clutch":

Add a couple more for sunday...i'll throw in a couple more freebies since the site hasnt been updated since 4/13/2006, and you get:

7/32 + 2/2 + 2/2 (freebies)= 11/36 ==> 30.6%.

from 82games:
"Kobe Bryant meanwhile has indeed had seven such made shots over the past three seasons (including playoffs), but at a pretty low conversion rate, even factoring in his free throws.

The other thing with Kobe and a number of go-to guys is that they are not looking to pass the ball! Zero assists in these "final possession" states for Bryant with 32 shots taken (the most for any player with zero assists) says something. "

Dont wanna bring up bad memories, but this is also the team, er....player, that has a losing record in games decided by <4 pts.

"You knew he was going to shoot it," said Sun Coach Mike D'Antoni, sighing. "And you knew he was probably going to make it."
30.6% of the time...
Think about that.
It's sad you can't enjoy this moment with the rest of us. I feel for you. If you'd like to manipulate stats and numbers to show how bad of a player Kobe is, and that if we were to replace with any other player, this Laker team would be doing better... go right ahead. The fact is, watch the game and you know this Lakers team has been riding on his back. Can the other MVP candidates in the league carry this team any further than Kobe? Let's examine.. Lebron James? He has a better team surrounding him and they're tied 2-2 in the series... against a much worse team then the Suns. Dwayne Wade... not even close, tied against the BULLS, WITH Shaq! Elton Brand couldn't carry the Clippers to the playoffs without Cassell and Mobely. Steve Nash, he probably would come the closest, but I doubt he can carry a team with starters such as Kwame, Odom and Smush. Even if his percentage of making game winning shots are only 30.6%, tell me who else in the league has a better percentage? Carmello? I wouldn't trade Kobe for that kid in a 100 years. Lebron? He doesn't even have the guts to take that shot, or he travels when he does. 1 in 3 chance Kobe will win the game? I'll give it to him as that's a better percentage then anyone else on the team, or in the league.

"You knew he was going to shoot it," said Sun Coach Mike D'Antoni, sighing. "And you knew he was probably going to make it." You knew it's going to happen because he did it so many times before. Seriously, you would rather have Odom taking that shot? Hating Kobe is one thing, but now you're just hating greatness, and honestly, it's pretty pathetic.