bmw0bsession
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
BMS Cowl Filters (N55)

I know there is already a review of these by my buddy SFValley335i but he drives an N54 and I drive an N55.

You can read his review here, he actually shows images of the car wet. We had the same exact results so I did not take images of the car wet.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...highlight=Cowl

I picked up a set of Cowl Filters from Terry a few days after they had them available. Took me about 5 minutes to install, cowl easily comes off when you remove a few screws. The filters simply slip on and fit nice and snug. You can use the screws from the OEM filters to hold these down but they are pretty tight in there. For about 2 - 3 weeks now I have been exposing my car to rain and multiple car washes. The engine bay remains dry and the filters do get wet but that does not affect their performance at all. The filters have yellowed a little but it seems like the metal has slightly rusted because of moisture. I am under the impression that BMS will begin to sell them painted black so that should be fixed very soon. Overall, great mod to reduce 10lbs of weight and you can REALLY hear the engine spool and the waste gate working. Turns many heads!

UPDATE: Burger Tuning has the new Black painted filters in stock. These do not rust or yellow, they happily replaced mine with proof of purchase!

You can pick up a set here!
http://www.burgertuning.com/cowl_fil...w_135_335.html

BMW Performance Kidney Grille, CF Lip Spoiler, CF Diffusser, Blackline LCI Tailights, Magnaflow Full Exhaust, BMS Intake, Jb4 w/ E85, Meth Injection, BMS DP, VRSF 5" Intercooler, CP-E Charge Pipe, KW CS Coilover, M3 Subframe Bushings, VMR VB3 Wheels, Stage 2 Fuel Pump, M3 Control Arms, Dinan Camber Plates, Pure Stage 2.

Last edited by bmw0bsession; 11-05-2013 at 11:00 AM..
Appreciate 0