Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWorNOTHING View Post

Apparently you can't read, because I clearly stated I never saw any of the episodes where they did those races on the UK version. I can infer that the UK version did a better job though, considering I've seen the show and it is much better than what I have seen of the U.S. version thus far. Will the U.S. version get better? Maybe, but until then, the show sucks.
You keep changing your argument. You said at fist who the hell would race a helicopter against a car, that's so stupid. So I tell you how the original Top Gear did the same exact thing and many similar "stupid" chases which is where the U.S. version got the idea from. And you know what, all of them were just as unbelievable as the U.S. version. I mean, you really think that the Lotus could "hide" under the Apache without them knowing? There was also a special where a Evo was trying to outrun a tank. If the tank really wanted it would have toasted the Evo.

So after calling those types of races dumb, you change your story to "well the UK version must be better!". No shit it's gonna be better. They had 15 seasons to hone their formula. The U.S. version just started and these host have never worked together before.

I suggest before you open your mouth and make wild assumptions you go watch some old season one episodes of Top Gear UK when they had 15 people in the studio, a fat bloke, and a black Stig. It sucked pretty bad back then too.