View Single Post
      02-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #37
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

12 yrs and counting. Strictly a summer car 2001 330. So far This is what I've fixed( I've done all the work myself so its kept the cost down.) 3 sets of brakes, 1 alternator ,1 set of belts . 1 cam positioning sensor. put new slides on the sunshade for the sunroof.1 new air intake( had a very small tear in it. The car would start idling odd while it was sitting.The exhaust manifold would be throwing so much heat, it would just be sucking hot air.) Of all the things listed, replacing the air intake was the biggest pain in the a$$. Only because of how the C clamps were put on. They were tough to get at.. The alternator is an easy job ,except parts of the radiator hoses needing to be taken out. But they are all Orings with quick connector clips. So it all comes apart and and goes together easy .All in all I don't think this car has been any more expensive (parts wise) to own. Now if you had to take it to the shop thats a different story. Cost for me to do my brakes all the way around(rotors,pads,sensor) was close to $400. The dealer wanted $1400. Cam positioning sensor was the biggest joke. The dealer wanted $1900. My cost for the part was $140 , if I remember correctly
Appreciate 0