Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
I'll look into the Fit and the Sonata. I'm just a little nervous buying out of warranty cars b/c my supposedly reliable Maxima had 2 transmissions die over a course of 50k mi. I've heard of trans. issues on some Toyotas as well, so it makes me worry a little more. Everytime Mini has been brought up in threads ppl are pretty negative abt it b/c of reliability issues. I need something that'll last 100K+ mi w/o much work.

btw. just found out Hyundai's 10 yr warranty is only for the original owner. 2nd owners are covered for 5yr/60k mi.
We've only owned manual trans Toyotas and every time the clutch lasted to 150-175k. The starter went on my fathers 4Runner at 280k (cheap fix). Other than that they've just changed the oil and driven the crap out of them and each of them drives about 30k a year. I would not ever hesitate to buy a Toyota or a Honda and I would buy any model of either make before looking at any Hyundai. You do NOT need a warranty for either brand. Nothing really goes wrong and if it does it's very cheap.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0