View Single Post
      10-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #4537
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Oh boy, I am so buried on AMD, that it will take 6mo to recover IF shoulder appears on this crazy market. It was suppose to be quick in and out. Sold all shares, except AMD and look what happened.... My dumbass mistake thinking that AMD was immune from market correction territory. (if you look at my post about selling all my Sprint 2days prior to neg trend).

Now, I need to allocate my RAD money to buy AMD at lower cost avg.

If I were you, I would play safe and buy 7.5k before earning, and 7.5k after.
Too late. I already bought the shares before I posted that message

That's ok, though. During after hours trading AMD dipped to a low of 2.70 and actually hit a local high of 2.80. Even if I can make a short term gain of ~10% with AMD I'll be thrilled. I'll probably call it quits and sell at a loss if AMD drops 25% below my purchase price.

Right now I'm really focused on TVIX. I'm just itching for SPY to reach another all time high so I can feel confident getting in again. If we ever get around to that point I'm fairly certain I'll go in heavier than I did last time (maybe 70k or 75k shares @ mid $2s I'm guessing).

If that doesn't happen I don't think I'll touch TVIX again. It's just far too risky of an instrument to get in nonchalantly as an amateur. But man if the S&P500 hits even 2000 (which is still shy of its all time high) I'll probably jump in on TVIX again.
Appreciate 0