12-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #51
lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I think you're the one that doesn't get it. Going by what you think is my logic then the Steelers, Pats, and any other team that has recently won a SB is the best team. I'm not saying that the Saints' record is nothing to praise about (please ignore my earlier comment that the Saints suck- that was the fan side of me ).

Anyhow, I'm saying that just because the Saints are 12-0 this season (and they're not the only one), a lot of people are jumping on the wagon going oh Saints this and that. You'd be hard pressed to find a Saints thread on this forum in the past 4-5 years. Why? Because it's only when they're winning that the bandwagoners start to show. Back to my point, the only reason people think that Saints are the best team this season is because they've never done it before. It's like when slice bread was first invented. The Colts, on the other hand, have made it to the playoffs time and time again so people just write them off as a given. Thus they're discounting the Colts almost every single week.

If you look at the media, they never give the Colts enough credit for their wins. It's always "oh NE made mistakes and Bill made a bad call" or "Houston floundered and gave the game away." Despite their injuries they've found ways to win games. But I digress. I realize now that everyone has their opinion so I'm not going to waste my breath trying to convince them.

Agreed, the Colts never get enough credit. Who cares if they don't always blowout the competition and win by 20 or 30 point margins all the time? The fact is that they've worked with what they've had available and produced wins. I would say the fact that they've come from behind and won several times this season and won is pretty damn notable. But all the haters will be quick to say that they should have been good enough to not have had to comeback late in the game. I'm not a Colts fan, but I think its fair to recognize them for their outstanding season so far.
Appreciate 0