07-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #122
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
great race, FA and LH had an amazing race. Too bad for LH, McLaren didnt get the fuel right or he could have def finished in the podium.

That Ferrari really came alive when the track dried out, FA pace was nasty, even when he was due to pit, his laps were still blazing fast.

Too bad for SV, the pit crew really did him in but I cant feel too bad for a guy who is pretty much set to win this years world tittle for a second time. but i think UltimateBMW is right, the RB7 really struggles in dirty air, much more than any others. They are truly amazing in clean air but if you can somehow pass one, its very hard for them to overtake. And I dont wanna hear about how SV couldnt pass LH cause of one dry line, LH passed FA in the wet line when it was much wetter out
It wasn't a dirty air issue, IMO. The red bulls were lacking in straight line speed compared to Ferrari and Mclaren in particular. This has been a trend for red bull over the past few years...probably a combination of the renault powerplant and their higher level of downforce (more drag)
Appreciate 0