View Single Post
      09-30-2023, 04:39 PM   #16
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
According to Peter Windsor, one of the best know all journos, Checo is the perfect number two for Max so Lawson and Norris, even with their brilliant drive skills will have to keep playing their fiddles for longer to impress Horner and Marko more and to top it all Max WANTS Checo to remain for as long as.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/24069...place-him.html
I can't make up if Windsor is meaning replacing Perez this year or next year or the year after that.
Replacing him this year would be madness, as that results in RB not having a 1-2 WDC, which was their initial plan and Checo's assignment: get 2nd place in the wdc.
But next year, with both McLaren and Ferrari closing the gap to RB, Checo's 2nd place isn't a sure bet.
I mean, if Checo didn't have those 2 victories in the beginning of the year and maybe had a dnf (it is a mechanical sport, look at TSU in Monza, he has the same engine as Max&Checo), he wouldn't be 2nd.
It's not even sure he'll even finish 2nd this year as his lead on Hammy is only 33 points, anything can happen in 6 races.

So.... Windsor probably has lost his mind regarding next year. RB want's 1st and 2nd in WDC. That's the goal. That's the drivers assignment.
Obviously no teamboss wants Rosberg-Hamilton or Senna-Prost kind of situations, but I think the link from gpblog hints at Windsor's video of analyzing the japanese GP.
There he also says Checo is a very good teammate: (at 8:39)

But he clearly has forgotten last year, where Max held a grudge for half a season, regarding Checo alledgedly crashing on purpose in the Monaco Q3 qualification preventing Max on his flying lap to potentially grabbing pole. Hard to prove of course, but crashing on purpose... not so good. Nontheless whether it's true or not, apparently Horner and Marko weren't able to solve this drivers crisis that year between Checo and Max, resulting in a display that is not so good for the sponsor.
But maybe he was only talking about Suzuka and Checo there. Not really relevant as Checo never came near Max in that weekend.

When I hear Max talking, I get the idea that he doesn't care how good of a driver his team mate is, he's more looking at it if he likes that person or not.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 09-30-2023 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61216.50