10-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #112
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
I'd presume the races would have to be a week apart, no? At least the teams would save on travel/shipping expenses. But they'd have to know NOW to make plans, since they have to start shipping crap like a week before at least, no?

Hey, nobody took a crack at my questions on the previous page ? Oh well. Will look for a more active board on this.

I answered your last question already - look above for my response.

In regards to insuring the cars or who pays for them, I have absolutely no idea. Likely the only people who would have the answer to that would be F1 insiders, sadly. My best guess? Racing incidents/accidents are not insured.

If an F1 driver crashes, I highly highly doubt they pay for any of the damages at all. If that was the case, F1 would look not too different from a bunch of old farts taking their beloved convertible Ferraris for a Sunday morning cruise . These cars are hideously expensive. The steering wheel alone costs half of the price of an M3! Most drivers have performance clauses, so at worst they might get docked some of their pay for not meeting their expectations, or simply not signed again when their contract is up. Most likely, the reality is that drivers have some sort of base pay, and then they receive some bonuses for their performance. From what I understand though, these bonuses are quite small compared to the past.

I can't answer your Korean GP question since I don't live there and have as much insight as anyone else on this board.
Appreciate 0