Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
An interesting read. He/she makes a few factual errors, and the article is highly inclusive of personal prejudice and interpretation. All in all it seems that someone was trying to juistify their purchase to someone else.

My take is simple - Canon or Nikon, both outstading platforms. There are things I like better about both. To me, the most important item of all is how does the camera feel in your hand. It's not about features, bells and whistles, etc. It's about feel.

Having friends that will loan you lenses is a powerful reason too!!
Hey Turbo, can you recommend a lense for me for the future? Obviously what first triggered me in wanting to buy a camera was looking at all the great photos people posted of their cars and the editing, etc.. on this site. I know that from what you said and many others, the standard lense on the rebel xti is pretty weak.

I'm interested in an overall multipurpose lense and not sure if there's such a thing. I'll want to take shots of family/friends, scenery, cars (standstill and rolling shots). I've read people recommending an upgrade from the standard kit lense to the EF-S 17-55 IS or EF-S 17-85 IS. Any suggestions? Price range is probably about $500. Thanks
Appreciate 0