View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #8
Mr.Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bimmer View Post
Windows 7, 4GB. I've always used Kaspersky, using Internet Sec 2013 and it seems to work great. I hardly download any programs and/or software. I haven't defragged for a long long time, and you're right I should do that right now. And I haven't scanned Kaspersky for a long time too, and I'm doing that now.

The fans / motor is always running on this thing, running loud loud. Heat also also being generated on the palms of my hands, coming from the pc. One website where my pc struggles is Nike.com. It stops and pauses big time when it tries to load more info on a page as I'm scrolling down.

I'm scanning now, will degrag later and see if I can clean anything else up after. I'll report back.
I scanned with Kaspersky, nothing found so that's good. Defragged the C Drive. Deleted a few programs and cleaned some files out. Cleaned out temp files and cookies. Rebooted. Went back Nike. Truthfully it does work better, runs a decent amount smoother. I think in the end I'll still want to buy a new pc. But what I did today definitely gave me a little more 'running time' on this pc which is perfectly fine with me. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0