Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfrogman
This is a silly idea IMO. I'd rather spend my time reading about cars, than to waste my time rating someone or seeing how someone rated me or someone else. How would you prevent abuse of the system? What impact would it have? Do you think a troller would care less about what his/her rating is?

We already have forum guidelines. We don't need a rating system other than what already exists for trades: sellers and buyers.
The system of weighting votes for value is about as flawed as the College Football BCS rankings. That is not to say that it's a bad idea per se, only that there are inherent problems when rankers are also the rankees. This is not foreign to businesses or in medical education, but I think it's a lot more trouble than it will be worth, and could result in retaliatory ranking.

I would trust Jason and Mark to just put up a probation list in an unaddable thread, and I suppose they could add an honor roll...but then we're still looking at an oligarchy.

Still, by now I have a list in my brain of which posters put up useful stuff and which ones are only good for crap (and who is knowledgeable in one area but not in others), but I seriously doubt if anyone else cares about my personal "good poster" mental list
Appreciate 0