United_States
Rep
Drives: E91

Garage List
2009 E91  [0.00]
Thankyou for sharing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolix-2 View Post
Oh, if you see the previous post, I got it from the black car. The factory CF brace actually survived as well, but annoying I can't use it in combination to the M3 braces, so I guess I'll re-market it.

The black car also has a Dinan exhaust, so I do plan to install that. One of my other parts cars has a magnaflow exhaust, but that's a bit loud for me and I hate a loud exhaust. For reference, I replaced my SL550 with a F-type in July and the stock exhaust on the F, much loved by almost everyone, makes me self conscious. I'm a boring sod like that I guess.

But, I am enjoying the process. Consciously tweaking this and that, improving towards a goal and made myself a spreadsheet to organize a bit this weekend. This e91 always gives me nostalgic feels every time I drive it!
Great conversing with you this morning. I'm not very active on the forum but read and follow it daily.

Reading what you said on exhausts, I'm of the same, I put AA headers with a stock system with an AFE pro 2 airbox (bitch to fit and avoid NVH) but a great sound and then I ended up wanting a bit more noise so put an m-sport rear box off a 135i on the car and it was too much. I ended up going for an AA rear box with factory resonator and stock mid section and its loud but sounds great if you're in the mood.

I've tried a euro airbox and also got an ARMA carbon airbox which was noisy but was pretty much open with a cover on it. Great people to deal with but not the direction I wanted to go. The AFE has two open ports on the front and with both open is noisy and the car presents a nice change in tone and urgency above 4K.

Not sure if that word salad helps !

Great list and the 513m's would be great on the wagon.

Regards
Appreciate 0