View Single Post
      01-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
RupertPupkin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Freak Beast

I actually did two ride alongs with a former "friend" It made me quickly realize he was one of the 80% of losers. He was a dick for no reason to some very normal nice people who made honest mistakes. He reached speeds of 120 mph in a 45 zone when in pursuit for people doing ten over, and running red lights. While those infractions are dangerous and technically illegal, ther eis no need to go that fast and dangerously just to write a ticket and be a dick to people. I watched the events unfold. I do understand having to make it clear that you are the one in control as a cop and watch your back. I also know that they deal with alot of assholes day to day, but it just sucks when they dont show some common courtesy and rescpect to people. I have respect for them and for their safety, but the whole power trip asshole thing is lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundel335 View Post
Take a few ride-alongs with the local PD and see if it changes your mind. Cops unfortunately have to deal with those losers from high school who think they're above the law or just plain stupid and the hotshots with attitudes about 80% of their shift (if they're lucky - it's usually 100%). Walk a mile in their shoes, so to speak, and then form an opinion. If you had to work with the a_hole of society and the bureaucratic BS from the brass every day, week after week, you'll develop a different outlook. May not be right, but it is what it is. Just be glad they're out there doing the stuff that 90% of the civilian population never sees.

That said, I certainly don't condone what's being reported here, but we're only hearing one side of the story. In my experience, everyone who gets stopped is NEVER guilty of ANYthing. He has no idea who he's dealing with, and considering the high possibility that the driver might be armed and dangerous, he's going to be edgy, to say the least. Go to court, let the judge hear your story and that of your passenger, and the officer's version, or meet with the prosecutor to see if you can get deferred adjudication or a lesser fine/points.
Appreciate 0