Thread: Wagon or Sedan
View Single Post
      08-31-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
cxcheng
Rep
Drives: Corvette

I am looking at either getting a 330i or a 325iT middle of 2006 via ED to replace my WRX wagon. It'll be a tough choice between the power of the 330i and the utility of the 325iT.
I am not sure about resale, but I sure like the "exclusivity" of the wagon, and the fact that it doesn't scream "yuppie" as loud. If you plan to own the vehicle for a long time, then resale value becomes less critical, and I suspect people who buy older vehicles tend to be more practical, and may prefer wagons.
My WRX wagon, despite its dimunitive proportions, amazes me time and again in terms of what I can stuff into it - such as a 7-piece patio set (techinically, the table was on the roof, but hey, those roof rails are useful). Furthermore, you also get more headroom in the rear compared to the sedan because there's no sloppy roofline. Most people would want to argue for an even larger vehicle (read: SUVs), and it does make sense sometimes. But a compact wagon that is fun-to-drive, and relatively fuel economical, is always something useful to have in the family fleet.
Appreciate 0