View Single Post
      05-26-2021, 10:19 AM   #10
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Most likely my home. Was fortunate enough to be able to pay cash (so I negotiated the shit out of the price) and have accrued roughly $42k (as the market currently sits) in equity since buying 5 years ago. I'd love to sell and turn a profit, but current market conditions prevent that.
I will never understand the housing market in the states. It seems for the most part there are not dramatic swings in value (few states like NY, Cali, etc excluded). Housing market here has gone absolute bonkers.

Basically, if you weren't in already, it's unlikely you are getting in till there is a crash, if there is a crash. I figure our house has appreciated in value by at least a million over cost in the last 6 years. It's dumb.

But at the same time you don't want to sell because you have to buy in this market or take a flyer and rent for who knows how long. My dad thought the market couldn't keep going 8 years ago and did exactly that and sold. Boy was he wrong lol. He kicks himself now when he thinks about it.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00