View Single Post
      07-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #15
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Uber is an awesome service that at least in the DC area makes the taxi cabs and taxi companies look like total dump.
When I travel to cities that don't have Uber, I resort to renting a car. I simply refuse to get into a worn out piece of shit ex-cop car that smells like someone shat in there a year ago and never cleaned it. The drivers don't speak English, are often rude and I'm afraid to sit down when I'm wearing a suit in case it sit in something nasty.

The other day I came back from a business trip and had to take a taxi home. The smell in the taxi was so horrendous that the driver tried to cover it up with some air refreshers. The stank in that car was a mix of the nasty odor in the vehicle mixed with an overbearing air refresher. I had my window all the way down and I still had to fight back throwing up. I am NOT exaggerating.

Uber Black Cars are often Lincoln Town Cars, although sometimes you get a 7-series or Merc S-Class. They are VERY clean, they give you a bottle of water and the drivers are dressed in black suits, just like a private car service should be. The only way to travel frankly.
Appreciate 0