View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #73
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

It's not a muscle car. Even if you don't qualify it as a "sports car", it's MUCH closer to that than being a "muscle car".

As far as the Rustang comment goes, Rowdy, I put the GT head to head with my 335i and I can tell you even though the Rustang feels bigger and much softer, the ride is more compliant and it gives much more confidence near and at the limit. First, let's put the price difference away. There's a chasm between the two and they just aren't supposed to be compared in that respect, but we all know the Rustang gives you less in quality and refinement so whatever, consider it a (generous) wash. It's very neutral and communicative, and it's not just me who feels that way. The Rustang is a faster car that inspires more confidence from the driver. So yeah "if you put the GT head to head with the [3]35i" I guess I would also say it's obvious which way you'll go. I haven't looked back and have a shit eating permagrin all over my face on even the most simple of jaunts. The ONE thing I miss from the BMW are the rear doors (so I guess that would make it two things technically). Other than that, the seats are better (CLOTH Recaros), it has a REAL diff, it's more compliant and comfortable (Brembo package car as compared to ZSP on the 335) minus midcorner bumps of course, inspires more confidence at the limit, makes an intoxicating noise, and has already gone 10k without an unscheduled visit to the stealer (something my BMW wasn't able to accomplish in all its 75k miles). So yeah the Rustang ain't the choice fer you maybe, but I don't think it's as cut-and-dry as you think it is for most. A lot of the points are highly subjective and that's going to lead to differing opinions. And we all know what happens when we have different opinions on the Internet.... IMPOSSIBRU!

But yeah that Vette is in a whole different category. It's supposed to go batshit fast on a budget and it does that in spades. Kudos to GM on the redesign and addressing their biggest shortcoming in the car.
Appreciate 0