02-11-2014, 06:03 PM   #79
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
Guess that didn't happen. What's the latest with the Z1, Z2, Z3, Z4, and Z5 roadmap? I remain unclear on the differences and dates for all of these rumored cars.
Haha, funny.

Things are quite unclear. Main reason is the shift in segments due to price change, a factor of growth.

As SCOTT said, Z1/Z2 might again be RWD. There is a time span between project begin and product sale. I don't know what is the current stand with the Z-line and Toyota cooperation. I'm not sure SCOTT knows a lot more.
I would not expect a whole line of Z cars like we are going to have X cars.

BMW-Toyota are to develop a new modular platform for sports cars. What cars are those exactly is unknown.

Lexus is working on LFA II (no BMW). Lexus is to have the production car of the LF-LC (SC?) that is to be based on new LS platform (no BMW). Toyota want a sports car below GT86, an MR2 replacement. A Supra successor is also considered and coming, desired to not be a hybrid and said to be developed without BMW.

What is BMW and Toyota's target? Especially the price? The BMW is certainly to cost more. But what car exactly? Z4 replacement above or below?

One thing that is important to consider is that the GT86/BRZ might not have any direct replacement. This partnership might be dissolved and Toyota will not have Subaru platform and engine for its GT86 successor. GT86 successor can in future only be a sports car with turbo I4. The question is with hybrid? I think this is where BMW's role comes in. But now the question is when?
Appreciate 0