01-03-2008, 12:29 AM   #16
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
there are many installer shops that have very large spaces without a dynojet. so isn't is possible if i work with the owner and work out some type of deal like i put the dynojet for them and the guys there can use it or something like that?

ps: thanks for the prices.
You can do that, but you will be at their mercy...they would probably want a decent chunk for rent and a decent cut of the money pulled in from the dyno. Why? because what do you really have to offer them? A dyno? As if they can't take out a $100,000 loan on their own and get one without you?

And to give you a more bigger picture...when getting a dyno, you probably would want to make it friendly for cars that are slammed so the best bet is to drill into the ground and lay the dyno in there so cars can just drive on and off...drilling=expensive. And you will need to get some type of insurance as well, for your 'shop'.

And if the shop doesn't already have some sort of ventilation installed, you would need to install some sort of vent to suck out the exhaust fume.

It appears as you are just a young teenager with a get rich quick scheme (no offense), my advice to you is that work on cars first, to see how you like it. Like stated, it's going to take a very very long time for the dyno to make you some money. To give you an example, I used to be really into cars, I was up for installs at 3AM and wake up at 6AM to go to school. I was up for whatever, but now that has died down a bit. I'm still into cars, but I'd prefer to keep it as a hobby. Doing it full time would kill it for me.

And the last thing that I'd like to say, most of the workers at these shops are not living the 'good life'. They make money..enough to live on, but they do it because it's their passion. If you're in it for the money, you need to open a shop that lures in the celebs and high profile clients. Charge them $10,000 for a set of luxury wheels, another $5,000 for custom interior, etc.
Appreciate 0