07-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #27
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
So what the "big boys" are doing is the correct decision? I'm just curious about predictive power with just looking at graphs... it's great you can say what your 1 prediction was last week that came true, but do you honestly think you know the reasons behind it or are you fitting the story to the history? A chart may tell you a story... but it's also a lot of noise. With your market sentiment and bull/bear explanation it sounds a lot more like guessing at market psychology than technical analysis to me.

When I think of technical analysis I think of a disciplined approach to mathematically analyzing data and building robust indicators. Have you back-tested your SPX minimum or VIX bollinger band strategies? If you can see a significant behavior based on the data then there's something to look into but if you're just pointing out arbitrary times where your indicators forecasted correctly but kind of ignore the times where it hasn't then that's a bit haphazard.

Nope...I use to follow guys who would grind numbers and formulas to grind out a few % pts...no need...this is a M3 board, not a paid stock trading site...only time and people who understand charts and mkt psychology will be able to tell if I am full of it...but what you want are guarantees and there are none...not in the mkts anyway...you want something for free yet havent contributed a single chart on this thread...I have put up charts and if you dont understand them just ask me about it.

But what I wont do is go on some website and ask people who actually do some work to give it to you for free when others are willing to pay 50.00 a month for it.....

So what do you offer?....

And btw, I am guessing you dont know what market delta and effective volume charts are and what they look like.

But in the end, your guess is as good as mine...there are no guarantees or sure things...its just that some peoples guesses are better than others....

Last edited by mact3333; 07-05-2011 at 08:55 PM..
Appreciate 0