View Single Post
      10-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #391
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive35i View Post
Start with furniture and decor catalogs and magazines. Take a look at Elle Decor, then go to a Design Within Reach retail location if one is nearby. If not, go online to their website, and also check out CB2 and Room & Board. Design Within Reach gets pricey, but CB2 and Room & Board offer similar styles for much lower prices. These give you an idea of how certain pieces of furniture fit within a space and offer you solutions towards creating a more dynamic space that suits your lifestyle. Once you've studied, consider what you own, what you want to throw out, what you want to buy, the kind of art you like to collect, and what you don't like about where you currently live. Don't make your house look like a catalog, but if you can manage to produce some of the visual flair that these furniture designers create (and spend millions of dollars on), you're onto something. You don't need an interior designer, just an open mind and a budget (and good contractors). Also, designing a home should not happen all at once. Taking your time decorating a home eventually results in a space all your own, indicative of your taste as it evolved over the years (this also helps you spread out your purchases). When you're looking to buy a couch, for example, you have to really consider: Do I want to see this everyday? Will I like this in 10 years?

thanks for the input.

This is exactly the problem, i haven't even had any of my cars for more than 2 years. lol
Appreciate 0