Thread: Who's to Blame?
View Single Post
      10-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #18
ase93
ASE93
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

I'm not here ranting trying to get someone else to pay for my car.. He's my brother and one of my best friends. We're just trying to figure out the cause.. Maybe i phrased the question wrong instead of "who's to blame" maybe "What's to blame" would be more appropriate obviously I am at fault.

I know that some of the older m3s had to be recalled because this was happening an abnormally frequent amount of times.
My father Drove a 2010 750Li and right after 60,000 miles (heavy commuter) his transmission failed.. Out of warranty, $10,000.
My Brother's 2007 x5 that he luckily got extended warranty on had a transmission failure just last year, still having to pay the $1,500 deductible.
Another example, someone my father works with who had a 750i had the same thing happen to him, luckily right within warranty.

We thought maybe it was from accident, or from the launch due to long time wear and tear over time (its not like it was the first time the car has been launched and who knows what the first owner did, its 2008 I purchased it in 2010) or a combo of both.

But for everyone here who is saying, maybe you shouldn't let it loose, I can do whatever I damn please with my car, I paid for it (and the damage associated (trying to make some light of the situation)). And also if you don't let your car loose every once and awhile why'd you buy an M? thats what they're for.

Also just in response to Built My Way, hey just move on to the next thread, I enjoy reading about other people's issues, so i figured people might enjoy this.. maybe not.

Lesson learned if you jump curb don't launch your car... and hey try not to hit a curb in the first place.

Upon rereading my original post today it did seem a bit ranty, but as I'm sure you can understand, I would be a bit upset after receiving a phone call that said it was gonna be $13,000 (which i expected, but it doesn't fully sink in until someone tells you).

So really my revised question is, Has this happened to someone's car in the past that hasn't been in a wreck? Maybe its an issue with our family driving (all the cars other than mine are automatic), it just seems to be a reoccurring issue in my circle of BMW drivers.