09-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #13
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Yeah, but when I was in elementary school, we had BOTH an hour of P.E. and 30 mins. minimum (sometimes 45 minutes to an hour) of recess outside. You can't just "meh" at that dramatic decrease in allotted time the children are given during the day to get some exercise and just point the finger at parents (which, believe me, I always point at first) and food. This is a compound problem.
See we only got PE once a week, but did have recess every day. I'm not saying "Meh" to the decrease of time for kids to get some exercise, but parents should be enforcing this shit when their kids are at home! School is to learn and expand your brain. Is PE important? Absolutely. However, that is something that should be expanded on outside of school.

Take my (ex) SO for instance. She is currently a nanny for two younger boys. The parents are intelligent, doctors, whatever, but they do nothing to enforce their kids getting exercise at home. My parents used to toss me out the door and say "GO PLAY". These kids are sitting inside playing with legos and video games.

It is a compound issue, but parents need to teach their kids the importance of living a healthy lifestyle and making the correct choices on what to eat. You see a family of fat people, and I can guarantee they eat bullshit like FF and pizza ALL the time, and are probably glued to their TV's and computers.
Appreciate 0