Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
You are either sadly mistaken or simply ignorant to some of the all inclusive resort offerings these days my friend.

I have been to many tropical destinations: Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Jamaica many of them were a la cart. Royal Hideaway and several others I can name not only have multiple 5 Star restaurants on site, but I order up ultra premium liquors all day everyday!
Don't know where you went....

Again, OP, check out the spot I suggested and if you go, please report back!
I'm not saying there aren't nice options out there, I'm just saying it's not the way I prefer to vacation.

The last all-inclusive I went to was the St.James Club on Antigua. It's $4,600 for the week in the cheapest room they offer, per couple. Maybe I am used to better food and drink but it was a big let-down.

In contrast, I spent $2,500 TOTAL (air, room, food & drink) for a week in Turks & Caicos and ate better, drank better, and did more activities. The beach and ocean were also much, much nicer.

I also find that you get treated better and get better food if they know they're still working for your money. At an AI, they already have your money so there's a bit less of an incentive to really go all out.

I've also learned that star ratings mean very little when you exit the country. I've stayed in some real dumps that are rated 4 stars in other countries. It's all relative.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0