View Single Post
      06-22-2023, 10:43 AM   #222
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Disney is a love/hate thing for me.

The wife and I took the kiddos to the Aulani resort in Oahu in 2019 and all four of us absolutely loved the experience. Highly recommend if you want an amazing mix of Disney and a nice tropical destination.

Where I hate Disney is their insatiable desire to put cruise ports all over the place and ruin amazing places that are untouched. I will highlight an example from a current cruise port being constructed on the southern tip of Eleuthera, Bahamas at Lighthouse Beach. I went to Eleuthera in February with a group of friends. We ventured to lighthouse beach and did the 2 mile beach hike to the end of the island. That place is absolutely incredible and in our 4 hours down that stretch we saw more giant stingrays in the water then we saw people. But we heard construction noises, saw cranes, and knew that if we came back in a couple years the experience wouldn't be the same. Disney is ruining that part of the island and it pisses me off. And to all those who plan to go visit that port once it is complete I hope you get sea sick and stub your toe on a rock.