View Single Post
      10-01-2022, 06:27 PM   #90
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
Started playing in 1976 and my brother and I had several bands in the 70's & 80's then did a ton of 4-track home recording thru the 90's.

Other than our first high school band everything was originals. I was always more interested in the guitar as a writing tool than trying to become proficient. I certainly got to be a pretty decent player over the years, but certainly never as good as I could have been.

Over the last 20 years my playing has been pretty limited. But I've always kept a couple of guitars handy for when I go down to the basement.

A couple of years ago I got most of our multi-track studio demos that we had recorded in the 80's converted into digital, along with transferring all of my old home recordings as well. So I've been learning a whole lot about mixing and having a lot of fun taking advantage of all the things you can do with unlimited tracks and the tricks you can do in the digital domain.

This has also let to me picking up the guitar more often as well some very basic bass & keyboard playing to be able to kind of finish off some old partial recordings.

I've picked up a couple of PRS guitars in the last year or two, but my Hohner G2 is probably the one I pick up most often (it's small and easy to grab).

This shows my collection before picking up the PRSs and then pic of those two.
Great story. Kansas City A's shirt. Nice touch!
Appreciate 0