04-27-2008, 04:06 PM   #25
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post
No offense bro but prolly every 1 of 5 of your posts always points out that BMW owners are either pricks, dicks, assholes, snobs, elitist or like to us 3 series owners shouldn't think were all that cuz the 3 is nothing special. Just give it up. Every time I see you post all I think is your thought process of BMW owners and your one of them

Can you not make a post in this kind of thread or others like it w/o bringing your thoughts and opinions at all times? It gets old. Either way you'll do what you want and prolly spew some garbage at me but no reason to keep hitting the same note over and over again.

BTW, Audi was nice but I didn't spend much time there. Lexus was nice but tried to bend me over the table thinking they could take complete advantage of a 23y/o(age I was when looking). BMW was the best and actually surprised me that they were. I didn't step foot in Merc. cuz they weren't my cup of tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
That's exactly what I thought. I didn't mean my post to be offensive or arrogant, nor do I think I came across as such, and yet he decided to make it a point to tell me that it was.
No offense taken, I won't spout "Garbage" at you however I will say that the reason I am continually bringing up the "asshole in BMW" is that I hope in some small way shinning a bright light on it will help some folks realize that nobody really gives a shit about you and your BMW. I bought a BMW despite the Roundel, but I was also kind of figuring that there was NO WAY that BMW owners could really be the collection of uptight assholes that the public paints them to be...

Ho HO, all it took was a couple of meets here and there, some time on this forum, and holy shit a few issues of Roundel to come to the realization that BMW owners to a great extent really are full of themselves, materialistic, assholes. Certain that they are superior somehow because they are driving a German Buick.

Now certainly this is a broad stroke fair enough. I've actually ran into a great number of local BMW drivers that are actual driving enthusiasts and they are fantastic people. I am not saying that being a fan of the brand is bad, no no, It's just that there are so many out there (Both young and old) that seem to have forgotten WHY we are excited about BMW. Not because of some pathetic American obsession where Money=Respect, No. But because BMWs are fantastic cars to drive, they are rewarding, safe, fun, and present a decent value.

So maybe I am beating a tired old drum, I'll give you that, sorry to be boring, but every time I get cut off, or otherwise messed with on the highway and I haven't done anything more than have the gall to drive a BMW??? I think of all the arrogance and bullshit I see here and there on the forums and when I watch the asshole in the 5 series tailgating a family in a Toyota Highlander in the carpool lane I am reminded WHY BMW owners have such a shitty reputation. It's frustrating.

So instead of bitching about all the other stuff folks here bitch about... "My I-pod sucks" or "why is my wheel squeaking" and "has anyone had their fuel pump replaced?"

I bitch about owners propagating the shitty BMW Stereotypes and making us all look worse out in the world...

Go figure... I also post about boobs, and lots of other useful stuff as well. I can be quite helpful and I am... I just when it comes to the Beamerweasels....