View Single Post
      10-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
Ogopogo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
If the computer is posting, and then not loading windows. This definitely sounds like HDD failure. In which case, buying a new computer and putting the HDD into it to try to get data off it absolutely will not work.

You may want to get a cheap 2nd HDD, load a OS onto it, then take your original drive and put it into a external bay. Boot on the new drive and then try to access your old drive as a peripheral. Though this may be a long shot.

Did you just have a storm recently? Or did you HDD make any funny noises last time you used your computer prior to failure?
That's what I'm trying to do. I'm actually thinking about buying a new computer with a new OS on it as I don't even have the original OS CD because my computer came with the OS Windows XP but no CD. So, I wonder if I'll just install the second hard drive and see it if it'll read it.

Well, in the last few days, my computer had no error messages but it was very very slow for opening files, opening websites, running programs, etc. I have a strong feeling that it might have been a virus infected my computer but I never ran any new programs except just surfing the web.

Before the hard drive problem, the HD made no funny noises like grinding and Windows didn't even crash or display stuff like bad sectors or anything! But it was slow for the last fews days and Internet Explorer froze up a lot.

I should also mention that the exact morning before the crash, I actually turned up the computer and it worked then I went back to bed and I woke up again and I turned up the computer it failed to do so. No, there was no storm or anything.

So, basically, once again, I turn on the computer, it shows the BIOS settings like memory, motherboard, video card info, even hard drive is detected, and after that everything is BLANK!
Appreciate 0