01-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #26
dnvrdrvr
Captain Obvious
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 VW GTI SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpro21 View Post
The idea as mentioned before is the staggered setup would avoid the sensation over oversteer by reducing front grip. I'm not a huge fan of reducing the performance of one part, to change the feel of something.
Or... is the square setup used to avoid understeer thats a result of not having enough grip up front? I dealt with a fair amount of understeer on certain corners (those switchback/180-degrees types) and is why I'm leaning towards a square setup for this next year. I wonder if it's because I had a 255F and 285R setup and if decreasing the F-to-R differential to something like 275F/285R would do the trick. (I know this is pretty OT to the initial intent of the thread here - but I appreciate your responses.) So, here's a on-topic question: If I did the 10F/10.5R setup, would any spacers be required? I know the Group Buy thread states No, but it seems odd that the 10" square setup has the same offsets F & R, would think a 10" front wheel would need something.
Appreciate 0