View Single Post
      07-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #12
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
There is UberX, Black Car and SUV in most cities where Uber is "allowed". In cities like Austin where Uber is not allowed, you will find UberX.

UberX is just regular people like you and I driving their cars around when they have some free time. Not the smartest thing since most of those people have regular insurance. If they get into an accident, and you get seriously hurt, it could get complicated. I'd rather not take that risk.

Black Car are vehicles usually owned by limousine services. They are properly licenses and insured, but just get on Uber when they have some free time. I do *not* use taxis EVER when I travel for business, I always use Uber Black Car. My American Express is on file via the Uber app. Whenever I need a ride, I get on Uber, go where I need, get out and I'm on my way. I don't need to mess with cash or tipping. They send me an invoice via email which I need for expense purposes.
So the difference between Uber (regualar - drivers have $1mill policy through Uber) and UberX is that the partrons don't have the insurance clause? I wouldn't take that risk either. We have regular Uber here in Indy and I have used it up in Chicago. Didn't know they created UberX.

Thanks for the explanation.
Appreciate 0