View Single Post
      12-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #86
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Just curious if anyone else here wanted to weigh in on the sissification of the game lately. You can't hit a QB high, you can't hit him low, you can't hit him in the back, if you hit someone violently, whether it's clean or not, you're risking a penalty just because of the league's sudden obsession with safety...

I understand the helmet to helmet contact. Don't get me wrong; that and intentional blows to the head just don't belong in the game, but has anyone noticed how touchy they've been with enforcing these rules?

And what's this shit about a "defenseless receiver"? FFS, a big part of the game forever has been the ability for a good defense to scare the shit out of receivers going over the middle. It's football.... Granted, if the pass is nowhere near being caught, and the defender is just taking a free shot, that needs to be called, but on a play where the football is there or just arriving, you know as a receiver that you're about to take a shot.... It's just an occupational hazard. I'm not sure I want to see the implementation of rule sets that will increase the number of prima donnas out there on the field.

Safety is an issue, yeah.... I agree with that. But it's not like these guys are making minimum wage, and it's not like they didn't know what football was before suiting up....
Appreciate 0