View Single Post
      02-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #41
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Well, it appears that the 1addicts crew really liked Mikeo, larryn, Chrisk, surname, etc., and the E90 post folks don't. That's fine, and I can't say that I personally agree with the infraction that BL received, but I also understand the mods' intentions. There were many people that were leery about the merger, and the mods, due to their love for the community, were trying to do their best to keep the 1addicts feel the same.

Honestly, 1addicts had a completely different feel to the community than bimmerpost does. The mods where attempting to keep 1add in check and probably came off as pricks to those from bimmerpost.

The mods were, however, an instrumental part of establishing what 1addicts was. They genuinely helped the forum members as best as they could. They represented the mentality of that site, and their absence will only allow the remnants of 1addicts to diminish faster.

As it stands, 1addicts will now be a place to obtain technical info, DIY guides, and purchase parts , but I can't say that I'll want to be too involved with the community. It just ain't the same.

I'll now end my diatribe, but not without thanking the 1addicts mods for doing their part in building what was a phenomenal community.
Appreciate 0