View Single Post
      09-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #39
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Interesting points you and kscarrol bring up about sustainability and opportunities in the future.

Am I alone when I think it would be f'in great to see the world burn? I mean, much have happened in the past tens of thousands of years of mankind but wouldn't it just kick ass to see it end someway or another in our short lifetime? Well at least for mankind.

Honestly if you think we as a civilization of 7 billion people can make a difference on how it ends then be my guest. We can barely agree with each other with all the on going wars that never seems to end. We fuck up our planet with consumerism and waste that cannot be recovered or changed. Problem is that it only gets worse.

Am I the only person here that actually wishes for an apocalypse of some sort that will weed out at least 90% of the world population? I mean serious, who the fuck cares? Nothing is going to change unless some sort of reset button is pressed. At least experiencing something of epic proportions will make my little life worthwhile.

As for our future (kids), times changes and you really can't expect to give them what you or your parents had. Human life on earth is changing so fast that no one or nation can control the outcome. Wouldn't you love the idea of your kids growing up in the same environment that you did where you actually rode bikes to school, didn't have a phone, jacked off with swimsuit/lingerie catalog material, and bonded with nature? Well that shit ain't gonna happen unless you move off the grid or you're Amish.

Sorry I got a little drunk off a late dinner and wanted to vent on society.
Yes you are the only one - well actually I know you must have comrade in arms, however as you surmise I am diametrically opposite to you in world view.
What happened that made you think life is not worth living, people are scum, there is no hope etc.?
But everytime I see someone do something antisocial I am reminded of this fact that there are people like you (not personal, bro) who exist.. which I struggle to understand.. if life is such a bitch why not just end it for yourself and save us others who are enjoying ourselves alot of misery? Why do you insist on bringing us down to your level? [semi-jest..]

I posit that life must be worth living otherwise you wouldn't - or shouldn't be. Think about it. But if you still haven't offed yourself.. perhaps something needs to change. Perhaps God is calling you, orphans or starving children are waiting for you to save them.. whatever. Can you just stop littering and making the world incrementally shittier for us on the other side of the spectrum? .. okay I was kiding bro, don't kill yourself... we need you. You wife, you new born child needs you. Just something in your brain needs to change because your anti-social mindset is really getting on my nerves.. okay? cool.
Appreciate 0