03-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #42
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I fully agree with you about the use of a firearm being the very last resort of any type of confrontation and should only be used to protect lives from someone with intent to do harm.

But after reading your first quoted source i've got big problems with you post.

i've bolded some key points that make it very clear the items you're pointing out to be fact are indeed speculation by the victims family. Who might i add didn't even know of his where a bouts at the time. Even the victims family found it shocking that their son was in someone else's house at 2:30 in the morning. Imagine how shocked the owner of that house was when he found out.

I would not be surprised if your version of the story was the correct one. But without knowing, preaching your theory of what happened as fact wins no one's favor.

Also, it's doubtful that he yelled "yee haw" after firing his weapon once. In contrast to "filling them full of bullets". And i'm sorry but your choice of words makes your post seem like it's a rant and quite derogatory to people who live in the south.
You're right, it does sound like I'm trashing the South, but really that's where the bulk of the far right actually live so rest assured, I'm talking about the people who are part of the shoot first, ask questions later crowd, not the entire region. If you don't fall into that category of gun toting psycho, I'm not talking about you.

Also, I fully admit, there aren't really any "facts" when it comes to this case, we can only go by what's reported. Those things I listed are things that have been reported from different news agencies. The general consensus seems to be:

1) The kid wasn't an unknown intruder
2) The kid didn't have a weapon, so not sure why he would reach for a phantom weapon...
3) The kid died

That doesn't seem to fit justifiable homicide and a proper application of deadly force. You can bet if this father is eventually charged with homicide, the liberal left will parade this incident around as a reason why guns need to be "more regulated".
Appreciate 0