View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #34
Silver E90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
You're right they announced the classes (at least preliminarily), but they haven't announced chassis and engine rules and details yet. There are certain to be changes in store so that the field in kept even, and to keep the lap times consistent with the class pecking order.

In other words, all we really have is a tenative list of classes. No one knows what the the specs of the cars are actually going to be yet.
Well if they make any changes to the GTE class like a spec tire or any effort to slow them down then I think that's a huge mistake. Hopefully since BMW and Aston Martin among others have invested in new cars for the class that means that there will little or no changes to the regs for 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I hear you. But the US league aside, there was talk of "the real DTM" bringing a race to the US like F1 has done. This makes more sense to me anyway, and is what I'd rather see. I hope they are still considering it.
Never heard that. I agree with you, I'd go see them at COTA or somewhere else. Great marketing opportunity for BMW since Joey Hand is in the series.
Appreciate 0