10-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #20
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
thanks for the reply. good to hear from someone that actually has had all of them.

if i don't get the nexus 6 i'm getting the note 4... do you notice a big difference between the 3 and 4? i'm debating if it's worth it to switch sooner than later.
The 1080 to 1440 screen is not drastic but it is better. The biggest difference is the battery life and performance. The snapdragon 805 in the note 4 is not only faster but also more efficient. The milled aluminum border is a very nice touch although just for looks. The newest version of touch wiz is much improved and cleaned up. If you are a user of the stylus, I dont use it alot but have used it for jotting notes and or writing on pictures that were taken then the 4 is superior to the 3. This and the multitasking alone are wrth it. You can actually have many tabs open with different sizes on the screen at the same time just like tabs in internet explorer and easily jump from program to program without hitting the back key or closing it.

Dont fall into the trap of always waiting for the better one to come out. All you are doing is not enjoying the technology that is available.
One last thing, if you are into hacking and the sort the nexus will be better because the bootloader will not be locked. They will find root for the note 4 it will just take a few weeks. The note4 just like all the newer phones have encrypted bootloaders that do not allow custom roms to be installed. As time goes on the hardware has gotten good now where there is not a need for all that though. The note 3 was the first phone that I had where I didnt run custom roms because it did everything fast and well enough.