Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skhmund View Post
Thanks for the review! What carrier and how much did you pay? And how was availability of the model you wanted?
ATT. It's cheaper to just do the Next program. I thought it was stupid too, but they've pretty much made it simple math.

Two Options if you're eligible for an upgrade:

1) Pay $299 discounted contract plus + tax and $25/month MORE for your service because ATT charges $40 instead of $15 for your service access charge.

2) Pay nothing up gront and get a $25/month service credit for 24 months and pay $34.37/month for 24 months (full price for phone) interest free.

Quick math tells you you're paying $52.45/month for 24 months in option 1 and $49.37/month in option 2. I went over it 5 different ways and it's cheaper to do the no interest financing because of the $25 service discount. You own the phone either way at the end of the term. Next also lets you upgrade early.
I wish I could debate your calculations but too late at night to think straight. However, this is something I heard from someone else, so it does make me curious. I have an upgrade coming up in 2 weeks, so I was just going to use that to buy the phone. I already knew about the $40 charge, ridiculous how it increased.
Appreciate 0