View Single Post
      10-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #5
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335
Just got the Note 4. I've owned iPhones and other Anroids in the past.

I'm not an Apple hater, I'm actually an investor and have an iPad, but the Note 4 is 2 years ahead of the iPhone 6 Plus.

Sure, if you're an Apple lifer, homer, or "ecosystem" guy, you might have some points on why you want to stick with Apple.

However if you want to be objective, the Note is just a flat out better phone.

Run on sentence time: Note 4 has a better screen, better resolution, bigger screen, more functionality, expandable memory with SD card, S Pen, better or at least equal camera, easily better front facing camera, more customizable software and with Android 5.0 better software, TRUE multitasking, multi-window, the back button, better in all specs if that matters to you, widgets and more cool factor so your phone doesn't look like everyone else, and it's more durable.

I do think Apple makes quality products, but their unwillingness to innovate and their tendency to copy functions Android has had for years (Large screens, NFC, cloud backup, etc has just gotten too annoying.

And don't tell me about speed tests from Youtube that show the iPhone is faster at opening Apple optimized apps and 52 tap sequences. The iPhone does make good use of its speed, but it's technically lacking and the Note is faster in real world application, in my experience. If it's not faster, it's AT least as fast. Remember, the Note 4 display has like 80% more pixels than the 6 plus, so it needs more power because it has more functionality.

Note 4 all day and again, I've been happy with Apple in the past. They are just not the best anymore.
Thanks for the review! What carrier and how much did you pay? And how was availability of the model you wanted?
Appreciate 0