BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou View Post
Maybe it's because of the fact that they're a people that has always been persecuted throughout history.
So in a sense they have a need to say that they're jewish and "proud" to still be here through it all, as a people.
But if you're not jewish , which i'm guessing you aren't then you wouldn't understand...
No, I'm not Jewish, but I have friends that are and they consider themselves to be German or Russian when they describe their nationality. I am Catholic, which I always find amusing since it was the Romans who had persecuted Christians at one time, but I still consider myself to be Italian since that is seperate from my religious beliefs. Different strokes for different folks I suppose... I guess if you have more of a tie to your religion than to your national origins then that is fine, but I just never got it since a Catholic from France is not of the same cultural background as a Catholic from Italy just as in the same fashion a German Jew is culturally different from a Russian Jew, even though they practice the same faith.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0