View Single Post
      03-19-2014, 01:57 AM   #13
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard this year. I missed the first race and I'm kind of glad I did. I understand the race and driving were great, but this sounds like total ****. It's the racing equivalent of Autotune, which is akin to ice-picks in one's ears. Wait, this is worse, it's like rail-spikes in one's ears.

I could not care less about efficiency, green, or other such crap. It's racing. Racing is meant to use up gasoline, oil, and rubber in mass quantities in order to go very fast and make very nice noises. So burn up some dinosaurs and rock some carbon!

Those who disagree can drive their Prius or Volt to the race and leave their BMW in the garage. There, problem solved--net carbon exchanged and carbon offset provided by concerned fans.

Add on top of that the FIA, which is made up essentially of cats, and cat rules (6,000 pages per rule that change second to second and make no sense except to other cats) and the sport is, well, 10 seconds from dead. Again, it's F1, run and burn, not some eco-friendly carbon conserving Prius race.

Last edited by Finnegan; 03-19-2014 at 02:26 AM..
Appreciate 0