10-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #21
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
4 days and OP is MIA from this thread completely.
Haha My apologies, got a little distracted.

A quick and dirty bio on me, I'm currently a college student to parents who became very successful in the small-business line. They began with a tiny retail store and living at an apartment with a child, to building a mansion and owning several large retail stores (not franchise), and three children. So, I've been lucky enough to observe them, and how they ran small-businesses, and took the business from nothing to successful in a matter of years. I've seen what it takes to do so, putting in 12, 13, 14 hours a day, how mentally-taxing it can be, how economically-taxing it can be, etc. This is the only lifestyle I've been exposed to, so it's the only lifestyle I know.

Long story short, I'm currently set to graduate college in Spring 2015, and I feel I'm wasting my time in college. It's been my dream to attend law school, and create and operate a law firm, while investing into real estate, thus what lead me to taking bullshit majors and "wasting my time". My mother is helping me out a bit (I've also saved a considerable amount of money since I was 18) economically, of starting either a business or a law firm, and she's willing to pay for the entirety of my law school education (yes, I am very lucky, and very grateful) so I'm really torn if I want to spend another 3 years in law school and then open up a law firm, or drop out of college right now and start a business. I know whatever business I start, I can make it very successful. I've learned A LOT about operating a business, and feel confident in my ability to do so at a young age, relatively speaking.

So, finally, that leads me to my question, which is what businesses are worth looking into starting, If I were to start one at all.

Solid advice in here, thanks all. My parents stayed away from franchises simply because of the high franchise fees, so I have the same mentality.

Raised by business owners, I've had the mentality that I don't care what business I start, as long as I have interest in it, but it must generate revenue. That revenue will be put towards my next business, and so forth.
Appreciate 0