View Single Post
      10-03-2023, 06:47 AM   #43
geko29
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor View Post
I have owned two cars since 2012 both without a spare tire, driven about 140,000 miles between the two and have experienced zero flats. I owned a Volvo S60 from June 2012 to this past March with non run flats and drove that car to just shy of 128,000 miles. Count maybe 200 rental cars with 15,000-18,000 driving miles during this time also with zero flats. I am running run flats on my F36 as they came with the car when I purchased it this past March. Add to the comfort and fuel efficiency degradation the run flats have I seriously doubt I will go back to run flat tires. I definitely understand those who want the added security with run flats but my experience is moving me to not put run flats on my F36 on my next tire purchase.
Similar story. We have four cars, and in 2018 traded the last one with a spare. With the recent replacement of the factory RFTs on the Q7, we are now running non-RFTs with no onboard spare on all 4 cars.

Unlike you, I've had plenty of flats--par for the course when running low profile tires on Chicago's shitty roads. But what I have NOT had is a single flat tire that could not be reinflated and driven on. I keep a portable inflator in the trunk of every car, and that will get me home, where I can put on one of the winters while the summer gets repaired.

Appreciate 0