View Single Post
      07-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #21
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
the thing is the kodak that you brought up is not a DSLR, its just a "high level" digital camera, nothing wrong with that at all but at one point you will be limited so i believe its better for you to get something thats much less limited. When i first began i bought a camera similar to that one, used it for about 2 weeks then ended up buying a D70s. sure it was much more expensive but i really did like photography and felt that it would be a hobby that i would continue for the rest of my life. it wasnt really hard to figure things out either. i did some reading online, bought some books, talked to a few professional photographers and other hobbyist who were much more experienced and advanced based on the tips, ideas, and concepts that they gave me.

if your sure that this will not be a passing interest for you, i see you go for the two cameras i recommended, if you are not so sure then go for the kodak. but if you do get the kodak and end up loving photography, it might be hard for you convince your parents to get you another camera any time soon.
Thanks a ton for your advice sir! I don't think this will be a passing interest as I have always been interested in photography (just never really expressed it because cameras were just too expensive).

That's exactly why I just want to get the Nikon D40 now, instead of buying the Kodak and proving that I am really interested in photography and then having to pay for a whole new camera.

I have a question about the D40 vs. the XTi, I see that the D40 is a 6.1 megapixel camera and the XTi is a 10.1 megapixel camera, yet the XTi is only $100 more than the D40...so why go with the D40 over the XTi if there is such a large difference for only $100? Or is there something that I am not understanding because I am a noob to this stuff?

Also, is www.bhphotobideo.com the best place to get my tripod and accessories?

Last edited by DougLikesBMW; 07-14-2008 at 01:24 AM..
Appreciate 0