View Single Post
      09-23-2014, 12:26 AM   #2
autoart
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e90 M/ 22 X3

I went twice and never registered once.I called to register when the invite came in the mail, but all the weekends were taken. The lady I talked to said just go anyway and maybe they would fit me in.
I had Monday the 8th off from work, and not much to do, so I stopped by. It was early around 10am and it stopped raining about half hour before, and not to many people their so I got right in.
The autocross was fun, you run 3 laps in a 228 with a pro driver in the passenger seat telling you what to do, and what not to do. My lap times were not that good, I think 34.5 or something but when I went on Sunday I had the best time in both groups with a 32.6. It was a blast.
After that I drove 2 cars the 650i grand coupe and the 640 conv. I thought the 650 would be a lot faster, and I thought I would like it best, but no.
The next Sunday I went with a buddy of mine and we drove 7 different cars. It was fun no salesmen, and we floored all of them, even the I3. The one that impressed me the most was the 535d.It did not feel like a diesel at all. It was 102 that day and the I3 had no a/c. The 3 series felt cheap, but it was one of the cheapest cars we drove.
The m3 looked and felt very nice on display. The I8 looks cool until you have to get in and out of it. What a pain, you have to bend in weird way to get in and out.
I have been to other events and it was fun, but the food sucked. The event staff all seemed nice. Their was some giggling from the girl at the test drive tent, but no big deal. come on lighten -up . My friend and I might have laughed a few times too.
After all that on the way home I liked my 09 e90 335i even better.
Appreciate 0