sethchan
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I couldn't care less what you think about "feel."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
We're not talking about 'one single parameter", we're talking about nearly EVERYTHING except feel, which is an unknown at this point. "Feel" is something that's impossible to measure, and honestly it sounds like an excuse when it's brought up in a discussion about performance.

FYI, I driven a Cayman and I think a person is out of their fucking mind for paying that kind of money for them. This business about it being more of a driver's car is simply an excuse to attempt to justify it's absurd price tag. A Vette costs less money and will absolutely slaughter a Cayman on the track. On top of that the interior is crap for a car in that price range, and you have to have a lift to perform even basic service.
The way a car feels is far from an "excuse," as you put it. Car companies spend an enormous amount of money developing it. And they offer quite different experiences. And I'm sure that I could have a Skoda modified to accelerate faster than a Camaro OR a 135. It wouldn't make it a better car.

I think the Cayman is overpriced, too. Wildly so. But that's not relevant to what I was saying. Vette vs Cayman on the track? I think it depends on the track.
Appreciate 0