10-05-2008, 10:39 AM   #100
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethchan View Post
...may be wrong in this case. But in my 30+ years of driving experience, BMWs have always felt better -- to me -- than any American car I have ever driven. And I can certainly say that Ford has ruined the driving characteristics of Volvos. Ugh.

It's subjective, of course. And I'm sure there are people who will prefer the Camaro. I'm just not likely to be one of them no matter what GM has done to its suspension. But that's not the point. The point is that one single parameter is a pretty limited way to evaluate a driving experience. The 135 accelerates faster than a Porsche Cayman. Does anyone think that it's more of a driver's car? That it feels better? That it's more composed? Please.

We're not talking about 'one single parameter", we're talking about nearly EVERYTHING except feel, which is an unknown at this point. "Feel" is something that's impossible to measure, and honestly it sounds like an excuse when it's brought up in a discussion about performance.

FYI, I driven a Cayman and I think a person is out of their fucking mind for paying that kind of money for them. This business about it being more of a driver's car is simply an excuse to attempt to justify it's absurd price tag. A Vette costs less money and will absolutely slaughter a Cayman on the track. On top of that the interior is crap for a car in that price range, and you have to have a lift to perform even basic service.
Appreciate 0