10-08-2014, 07:59 AM   #39
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
I don't agree. I think then it would pressure ///M, AMG, SRT, Chevy, SVT, NISMO, IPL ect to make better cars. In the end, who wins with this type of racing...? That would be us. A street driven 2900lb @ 650hp with 305f / 355r would be amazing would it not?

The billions dumped into racing programs would really then be put to good use for selling the cars that support racing...that then in turn support the race cars. I can't see why this wouldn't be a win:win:win for the sport, auto industry and consumers.

Didn't meant to start a My bad.
Simple, they'd just build homologation specials that no-one could afford. They'd still spend the money, in fact more probably, because there would be less limitations, sell all the cars to Arabs, then go racing, and you'd be no closer to the car you wanted - and lots of Americans would complain because there'd be no way they'd sell them in the US, and they'd probably have 5000 mile service intervals because they'd be built to racing tolerances (i.e. designed to be rebuilt every few hundred miles)

Plus the racing would be a terrible procession every race, and awfully expensive for private teams. Everything would probably also go AWD, since when AWD cars enter close to production series they tend to wipe the floor with everyone! RS5's vs M3's in the V8 superstars series was a joke, even with lots of ballast, big air restrictors and a mandated increased ride-height the Audi's could still drive around the outside of the E92 M3's and C63 AMG's --- and that was in the dry.
Appreciate 0