Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
I agree on little or no tip for poor service but I will disagree with the no tipping when picking up a pizza. I don't leave 20% but do leave a something. At least in my local pizza place you pick up your order at the bar. The bartender takes your order over the phone and when you arrive for pick up, they walk back to the kitchen, assembles your order including condiments etc and brings it to you. In my mind that is not much different than the service a waiter performs during table service. They are taking your order, responsible for correctness and ultimately bringing the food to you. So I leave a few dollars for the effort, assuming the order is correct! Maybe it goes back to my years in the service industry, managing a restaurant for almost 10 years....

What gets to me in terms of tipping are the tip jars that have popped up everywhere. Stop at you local 7-11/Circle K and there is a tip jar there! What is the tip for, punching a couple of keys on the cash register???
It's a pizza. It's in a box and he hands it to you over the counter. No condiments required!

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0